Whether you're playing online blackjack or the casino version, you can use these blackjack tips to play a more successful game. Though there isn't much that you can do to increase your winning odds other than abiding by the rules of a good blackjack strategy, these tips are a sure way to help you along the way.
Instead of doing your own research, follow these simple blackjack tips to get ahead in the game. This section will show you how to better your odds as well as make the most of your experience at the blackjack table. No wondering around the casino in search of the perfect table or clicking aimlessly throughout the internet pages. After you're done reading the contents of this page, you'll know exactly what to do and how to do it. So, read on!
- Use a basic strategy. This is the most significant of all blackjack tips, as it's the only way of decreasing the house edge below 1%.
- Recognize the fact that blackjack is a game of skill and it will not pay to sit down at the table knowing the basic rules and playing the game on gut. If that is how you decide to play, you will face a house edge somewhere between 2% to 3%.
- Avoid making side bets. Although these can make the game more interesting, they increase the house edge significantly.
- Play against as few decks as possible. This makes card counting much easier, especially for the beginner.
- Do not take insurance bets unless you're an experienced card counter. Knowing what cards are in the deck will allow you to make a more educated decision as to whether or not taking insurance would be beneficial.
- Pick a more crowded table to slow down your playing time. This will allow you to play fewer hands. Playing at a table alone is not only boring, but will force you to go through your bankroll a lot faster.
- Play at a table where the dealer must stand on all 17s. This is one of the few ways to keep the house edge low.
- Keep in mind that you can't always win. Although it is possible to bring the house edge down to less than 1%, it still does not guarantee a consistent win.